Setting up your Wavlink AC1200 extender setup is a straightforward process. Begin by plugging the extender into a power outlet within range of your Wi-Fi router. Wait for the power LED to stabilise. Connect your device to the Wavlink extender’s Wi-Fi network. Open a web browser and enter “http://ap.setup” or the default IP address (usually 192.168.10.1) in the address bar. Log in with the default username and password found in the user manual. Follow the setup wizard to select your existing Wi-Fi network and enter the password.For the extended network, modify the SSID and password, then save the modifications.Your Wavlink AC1200 extender is prepared to improve your Wi-Fi coverage after it has been saved.
How is a Wavlink AC1200 extension manually configured?
- Plug the extender into a power outlet within the range of your Wi-Fi router. Allow it to power up, and ensure the power LED stabilises
- Connect your computer or mobile device to the Wavlink extender’s Wi-Fi network. Use the default SSID and password provided in the user manual or on the extender label.
- Open a web browser and enter the extender’s default IP address (commonly 192.168.10.1) in the address bar. Alternatively, you can use .
- Log in to the extender’s web interface using the default username and password. You can find this information in the user manual.
- Follow the on-screen setup wizard. Choose your existing Wi-Fi network from the list and enter the password. Customise the SSID and password for the extended network.
- Adjust wireless settings such as channel and security settings to optimise performance. Save the changes.
- Position the extender in an area with a weak Wi-Fi signal but still within range of the router.
- Once configured, restart the extender if necessary. Reconnect your devices to the newly extended Wi-Fi network using the custom SSID and password.
NOTE : if you need any help regarding your wavelink wifi range extender so get in touch with the technician or visit the official web site that is ap setup.
How to use the wps button method for wavlink Ac1200 Extender?
- Plug the extender into a power outlet within the range of your Wi-Fi router.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on your Wi-Fi router.
- Wait for the WPS LED on the extender to become solid, indicating a successful connection.
- Move the extender to a location with a weak Wi-Fi signal but still within range of the router.
- Your Wavlink WN579G3 extender is now set up using WPS. Devices in the extended coverage area can connect to the new Wi-Fi network created by the extender.
Firmware update on this wavlink Ac1200 extender set
- Ensure your computer or device is connected to the Wavlink AC1200 extender’s Wi-Fi network.
- Open a web browser and enter the extender’s IP address in the address bar. This is typically “http://ap.setup” or another IP address (check the user manual for specifics).
- Log in to the extender’s web interface using the username and password. The default credentials are often provided in the user manual.
- Look for a “Firmware Update” or “Software Update” section in the extender’s settings. This is usually found in the administration or system settings.
- If a firmware update is available, there should be an option to download and install it. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- After the firmware update, the extender may need to restart. Allow this process to complete.
How to login process in wavlink Ac1200 setup?
- Ensure your computer or device is connected to the Wi-Fi network broadcasted by the Wavlink AC1200 extender. You can find the extender’s default Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password on the device or in the user manual.
- Open a web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge on your connected device.
- In the address bar of the web browser, enter the default IP address of the Wavlink extender. The default IP address is commonly “http://ap.setup” or “http://192.168.10.1”. You can find this information in the user manual.
- You will be prompted to enter the username and password to access the extender’s web interface. Refer to the user manual for the default login credentials. Typically, the default username is “admin,” and the default password is also “admin” or is specified in the manual.
- Once logged in, you will have access to the Wavlink AC1200 extender’s settings and configuration options. Follow the on-screen instructions or the setup wizard to customise the extender’s settings based on your preferences.
How to reset the wavlink Ac1200 extender?
- Find the Reset button on the Wavlink AC1200 extender. This button is usually a small, recessed button on the device.
- Using a paperclip or a similar tool, press and hold the Reset button for about 10 seconds. Keep holding it until you see the LEDs on the extender flash, indicating that the reset process is initiated.
- Release the Reset button after the LED indicators flash. The extender will restart, and the reset process will be completed.
- Allow the Wavlink AC1200 extender to restart. This may take a minute or two.
- After the reset, the extender will broadcast its default Wi-Fi network. Connect your computer or device to this default network using the default SSID and password (usually found on the device or in the user manual).
- Open a web browser and enter the default IP address of the extender in the address barI.e. Usually, “http://ap.setup” or an other IP address is used here. Enter your login credentials, which are located in the user handbook, and log in.
- Once logged in, you can reconfigure the Wavlink AC1200 extender with your preferred settings. Follow the on-screen instructions or setup wizard as needed.