A small and easy-to-use Wi-Fi range extender, the Linksys RE4000W setup is made to improve wireless coverage in your house or place of business. With its simple setup process, users can quickly boost their existing Wi-Fi network without hassle. The RE4000W is equipped with cross-band technology, allowing it to receive signals on one band and transmit on the other, ensuring a reliable and efficient connection. Its compact design makes it easy to plug into any electrical outlet, and the device is equipped with LED indicators for straightforward monitoring. Whether you’re dealing with dead zones or seeking to extend your network range, the Linksys RE4000W provides a straightforward solution for improved Wi-Fi coverage.
Linksys RE4000w extender setup using manual method
- Plug-in Extender: Use the included power cable to connect the Linksys RE4000W to a power source. Wait for the LED indicator on the extender to turn solid amber.
- Connect to Extender: On your computer or mobile device, go to the list of available Wi-Fi networks and connect to the “Linksys Extender Setup” network.
- Launch Web Browser: Open a web browser and enter “extender.linksys.com” in the address bar.
- Create an account: Follow the on-screen instructions to create a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account if you don’t have one. If you have an account already, log in.
- Select your network: Choose your existing Wi-Fi network from the list of available networks and enter the network password when prompted.
- Configure Extender Settings: Set up a new extender network name (SSID) and password. Another choice is to join the current Wi-Fi network using the same network name and password.
- Complete Setup: Once you’ve configured the settings, click “Next” or “Finish” to complete the setup process. The extender will reboot, and you should see the LED indicator turn solid green, indicating a successful setup.
Note:- If you need any assistance regarding your Linksys RE4000 extender setup, contact our technician or visit the official website, extender.linksys.com.
How do I setup linksys re4000w using wps?
The Linksys RE4000W setup using WPS is quick and easy. Follow these simple steps:
- Connect the Linksys RE4000W to a power outlet using the provided power cable. Wait for the LED indicator on the extender to turn solid amber.
- Locate the WPS button on your Linksys RE4000W. It’s usually on the front or side of the extender.
- When the Linksys RE4000W LED begins to blink, press and hold the WPS button for approximately five seconds.
- Within two minutes of pressing the WPS button on the extender, press the WPS button on your Wi-Fi router. This initiates the WPS connection.
- Allow the extender and router to establish a connection. The LED on the extender should turn solid green, indicating a successful WPS setup.
- If the LED doesn’t turn solid green, try moving the extender closer to the router and repeat the WPS process. Once the connection is established, you can relocate the extender to your desired location for optimal Wi-Fi coverage.
How do I log into my Linksys range extender?
- Join the Wi-Fi network broadcasted by your Linksys range extender, typically named “Linksys Extender Setup.”
- Launch a web browser on your device.
- In the browser’s address bar, type the extender’s default IP address (e.g., “192.168.1.1” or “192.168.0.1”) and press Enter.
- Enter the default or custom username and password for your extender.
- Once logged in, you’ll gain access to the extender’s settings page where you can configure and manage its features.
- For security, log out from the settings page when you’re done by finding the “Logout” or “Sign Out” option.
How do I update my Linksys extender firmware?
- Ensure your device is connected to the Linksys extender’s Wi-Fi network.
- On the linked device, launch a web browser.
- In the browser’s address bar, type the extender’s IP address (e.g., “192.168.1.1”) and press Enter.
- Enter your extender’s login credentials (default is often “admin” for both username and password).
- Find the “Firmware Update” or similar option in the extender’s settings menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to upload and install the latest firmware for your Linksys extender.
How do I reset my Linksys RE4000w to factory settings?
Find the reset button on your Linksys extender. It’s typically a small button located on the device.
- Ensure the extender is powered on and plugged into an electrical outlet.
- For approximately 10 seconds, press and hold the reset button with a paperclip or other comparable tool.
- Release the reset button once you see the LED indicators on the extender start flashing.
- Allow the extender to reboot. This process may take a few minutes. The extension will return to its factory settings after it is finished.